Mindfulness in School K-8: Core Practices for Classroom Meditation
with Rebecca Wing LCPC
November 15 8:30am – 4pm $119
6.5 contact hours for Maine LCPC and LCSW - Teachers and Parents are Welcome!
· Effective evidence-based curriculum for school-wide use
· Introducing meditation to your school community
· Learn how mindfulness & meditation supports learning: Brain research
· Self-regulation and focused awareness skills in school
· Utilizing the MindUP school-based curriculum for consistency
Schools around the world are waking up to the struggles children are facing with anxiety, reactivity and the inability to settle self. This training will help you develop a simple and effective meditation practice for classrooms K through 8. The MindUP materials will be introduced as an effective curriculum that is suitable for teachers and school counselors to implement within the school day.
Coffee, tea and snacks provided. Participants will bring a lunch or eat at one of our local restaurants.